vrijdag 17 december 2010

Akbash

This new adventure with flockguardiandogs started in June 2010 when I got my Akbash boy Bulut. A rescue organisation wanted re homing him and I was looking for a dog to guard my house and accompagny me with my horse.

He was almost two years already and hadn't had any experience as a 'normal' dog. The first week I almost broke my fingers when I took him for a walk on a leash!
He didn't know horses, so he was kicked by mine. 
He never had seen a house from the inside. And he wasn't aware of the fact that the garden fence mend that it was the end of property...;-)).
The first encounters with other dogs looked like strong attacks to measure strength and I had to cling myself to the nearest tree to keep him away.
So this was a real challenge.
I phoned to the nearest doggy school to help me with his upbringing. And within a fourth night we were accepted there. They had never seen an Akbash before, but a dog is a dog they said. And because he was to big to go to puppy class, we started in the first obedience group for the one year old doggies.
To be continued.....

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten